The fabric (also known as stoff) is an item that the player can sell to make some extra money. The only reason to buy this from a shop would be to smuggle it into another country to make more money by selling it there. However, if that country has a ban on the item, you risk being searched at the checkpoint and given a fine. This applies to most other goods.
The value of the item in the country it's in will vary greatly. The following situations can occur:
- The item is available normally, and can be bought.
- The item is available, but quantity is low or it may be sold out.
- The item is under a 25% discount.
- The item is under a 50% discount.
- The item is banned from being sold.
Additionally, the base non-discounted value of this item will always be different, but generally stays within a fixed price margin.
the name also changes.
- The German word "Stoff" translates to the English words "Fabric" or "Material" according to Google Translate.